Parent-Child Clinical Services
Using a family-centered, developmental approach, the multidisciplinary staff members provide a wide range of assessment, treatment, consultation and training services to promote children's healthy development, enhance parenting capacities and foster positive parent-child relationships.
Because the lines of development in very young child are highly interrelated, the Lourie Center’s multidisciplinary staff is essential to successful treatment outcomes.
Parent-Child Service Information
A variety of face-to-face assessments are used to determine the needs of the child and family including:
- Neonatal and Infant Assessments
- Developmental Evaluations
- Psychological Testing
- Child Psychiatric Evaluations
Treatment & Support
Using family-centered approaches, Parent-Child Program staff members assist children and families to reach their goals through the development and implementation of comprehensive and individualized treatment plans. Tailored to meet the specific needs of each child and family, these carefully crafted plans may include one or more of the following services:
- Individual psychotherapy including play therapy
- Family therapy including parent-child (dyadic) therapy
- Group therapy including social skills groups and multi-family groups
- Parent guidance and family counseling
- Coordination with schools, day care centers and other providers as needed
Our professional staff are certified and licensed specialists in the following areas:
- Child Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Social Work
Specialized & Consultative
The Lourie Center is a Training Site focusing on social-emotional development, mental health, and education in childhood. Every year, we train social work and psychology interns and externs from university programs. We also offer post-doctoral training.
The Lourie Center in the Community – Public Private Partnerships
- Montgomery County Infants and Toddlers Program (MCITP) - Lourie Center professionals provide mental health and early intervention services at all four sites of the MCITP, which provides comprehensive services for children aged 0-3 with developmental delays.
- Montgomery County’s Early Childhood Initiative - Lourie Center clinicians provide consultative services for daycare centers through Montgomery County’s Early Childhood Initiative.
- Child Welfare Agency - The Lourie Center’s Child Placement Consultation Team contracts with the Child Welfare Agency to provide a full range of therapy and evaluation services for children in the child welfare system, including attachment studies, and expert witness testimony in court.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday (8:00am-8:00pm)
- Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
Program staff members are flexible regarding scheduling and will take into account each family's particular needs.
Our program staff can perform both assessments and treatment services in both English and Spanish.
Approved Maryland Medical Assistance provider. Many private insurance companies cover services with varying co-payments. Reduced fees are available.
How to Obtain Services
For further information or to make a referral, please call the bilingual (English and Spanish) Intake Specialist, at 301-984-4444, extension 218.