The Joint Replacement Center
A stiff, painful knee or hip can make even walking difficult. At the award-winning Joint Replacement Center at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, we can help get you moving again. Our care starts before your surgery with our Total Joint Replacement Class and continues through your surgery and physical rehabilitation.
Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons perform hundreds of total hip and knee replacements every year, using safe, reliable procedures.
Who's a Candidate?
Most orthopedic experts think replacement is the best way to handle advanced arthritis in the knee or hip.
You may be a candidate for joint replacement if your ability to walk or perform activities is severely limited due to arthritis. A doctor will recommend surgery only after other methods have been unsuccessful or are not appropriate for you.
Attend our FREE Joint Replacement Class to learn more!
Joint Program Highlights
- Experienced, expert team that includes surgeons, physical therapists and nurses
- State-of-the-art surgical suites
- Rapid recovery
- Dedicated operating room staff
- Pain medication that you can control
- Care plans that allow you to follow your progress
- Preadmission class and support
- Special education and support for your family
- Case management by our orthopedic nurse clinician
- Joint replacement trained staff on the dedicated orthopedic unit
Recognized for Quality Joint Care
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital is one of less than ten hospitals in Maryland to hold The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for joint replacement of hips and knees. This certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of exceptional care and demonstrates compliance with The Joint Commission’s national state-of-the-art standards for health-care quality and safety.
To obtain the Gold Seal from The Joint Commission, the Joint Center at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital underwent a rigorous on-site review of its care. Surveyors looked at Shady Grove Adventist’s infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management within its joint program.