Our experienced radiation oncology team provides the best in treatment and personalized support services to truly meet the increasingly complex needs of patients with cancer. Our radiation oncology program has two unique features:
- We were the first facility in the Washington Metropolitan area to be accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO).
- We are the only hospital-based facility in all of Montgomery and Prince Georges Counties.
Cancer patients at Washington Adventist Hospital experience the advantages of our fully integrated approach as they receive care in a holistic, compassionate way that includes all support services in one location. This assures our ability to provide the support needed to maintain the best possible quality of life for our patients, while delivering maximum therapy and ensuring the best outcomes.
The High Tech Difference
Our full compliment of state-of-the-art therapeutic tools allows our radiation oncology physicians to precisely treat cancer at any location in the body. Examples include:
- Advanced CT Planning
- 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Brachytherapy (HDR)
- Partial Breast Irradiation (MammoSite™)
Targeted therapy methodologies such as these allow for the delivery of high doses of radiation to the tumor site while protecting the surrounding normal tissues and organs.
The High Touch Difference
Compassionate care is provided with attention to all of our patient’s needs – mind, body, and spirit. Our on-site patient support services include:
- On-site Cancer Care Navigator
- Nutritional Services
- Social Services & Pastoral Care
- Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Support Groups
- Full Emergency Services
- Transportation Assistance as needed
Washington Adventist Hospital strives to provide the finest support services to benefit our patients during their journey through treatment and toward optimal healing.