Behavioral Health Referrals
If you know someone who’s experiencing mental health or substance abuse challenges, refer him or her to Adventist HealthCare’s Behavioral Health & Wellness Services. We often take referrals from other treatment programs, social-service professionals, schools, hospitals, clergy, managed care organizations and family members.
Referral Packet for Residential Treatment
To help us arrange care at a residential treatment center quickly and smoothly, submit a referral packet that includes:
- Psychiatric evaluation with five axis diagnosis
- Psychological testing, including IQ score
- Educational assessments
- Current individualized education plan (if applicable)
- Transcripts from the individual’s two most recent academic years (if he or she is classified as a regular education student)
- Psychosocial history or summary
- Copy of birth certificate, social security card and immunization record (showing two MMR immunizations)
- Local Coordinating Counsel and Admissions Review and Dismissal meeting minutes
- Guardianship papers (if agency has limited guardianship, the orders must state that the agency has the right to consent to medical, educational and psychiatric care and psychotropic medication)
- Court order or adjudication hearing order
- Information regarding current and previous placements
- Information about long-term placement goals after residential treatment
- Contact information of involved parents or relatives
- Sex offender evaluation (adolescent sex offender program only)
- Police report of offenses and victim's statement (adolescent sex offender program only)
Send the packet to Adventist HealthCare Behavioral Health & Wellness Services, RTC Admissions Manager, 821 Fieldcrest Road, Cambridge, MD 21613.
Ask Adventist HealthCare Behavioral Health & Wellness Services for help evaluating treatment options for those in your care. Call our Needs Assessment Center at 301-251-4545 today, or schedule a consultation by calling 301-251-4545.