Community Partnership Fund
Adventist HealthCare is committed to identifying and responding to priority health needs and outcomes for the people and communities we serve. The Adventist HealthCare Community Partnership Fund provides funding for organizations whose activities support our mission to improve the health and wellbeing of our community, especially for those that have poor access to care and poor health outcomes.
Please read the frequently asked questions below prior to initiating an application as eligibility, funding priorities and deadlines may change annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of funding does Adventist HealthCare provide?
Through the Community Partnership Fund, Adventist HealthCare provides two types of funding opportunities:
- Programmatic Grants: typically ranging from $10,000-$100,000
- Event Sponsorship: up to $5,000
Is my organization eligible to apply for funding?
To be eligible for funding, requests must:
- Originate from a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization
- Target populations in Adventist HealthCare’s service areas of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties
- Align with at least one of our three funding objectives:
- Health & Wellness: Support community health services, education, and prevention and wellness programs
- Partnerships: Leverage partnerships to address socioeconomic disadvantages that affect health
- Capacity Building: Improve community health through collaborative partnerships, economic and workforce development, and advocacy
What are Adventist HealthCare’s priorities when making funding decisions?
Priority is given to requests that:
- Address a priority area of need identified in our hospitals’ Community Health Needs Assessments. This includes, but is not limited to behavioral health, chronic disease, maternal and child health, food access, and housing.
- Target populations that are socially and economically disadvantaged or medically underserved.
- Align with Adventist HealthCare’s community-based mission.
- Have a measurable impact on the community being served.
- Include meaningful partnerships, particularly for grants.
Are there submission deadlines?
Grant applications are reviewed biannually. To be eligible for review, applications must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on the following dates: February 15th and August 16th.
Applications for Event Sponsorship are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be submitted at least 10 weeks in advance of the funding deadline to be eligible for review.
How do I apply for funding?
To apply for a grant or event sponsorship:
- Review the eligibility criteria and funding priorities above.
- Access Our Online Grants Portal
- New users must first register by clicking “Create New Account”. If you are an existing user, log on to the system using your email address and password. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not create a new user account. There is a system prompt to assist with recovering a forgotten password.
- Once logged in, select one of the open funding opportunities and complete the online application.
- Applications are reviewed by the Community Partnership Fund Review Board, during which time you may be contacted for more information.
- You will be notified via email regarding the final funding decision.
- Organizations awarded funding will be required to submit progress and/or final reports. Organizations that do not comply with this requirement will not be eligible for future funding opportunities.
For additional information regarding the Community Partnership Fund, funding opportunities, or how to use the online portal, please contact our Community Partnership Fund Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.