Community Partnership Fund
Adventist HealthCare is committed to addressing the needs of the communities we serve. Through our Community Partnership Fund, Adventist HealthCare provides funding to organizations whose work supports our mission to promote health equity and wellness in our community.
Prior to initiating an application, please review the eligibility criteria, funding priorities, and deadlines in the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions: 2021
What Type of Funding Does Adventist HealthCare Provide?
Adventist HealthCare provides two types of funding opportunities:
- Programmatic Grants: typically ranging from $10,000 - $100,000
- Event Sponsorship: up to $5,000
Is My Organization Eligible to Apply for Funding?
To be eligible for funding, requests must:
- Originate from a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization
- Focus on populations in Adventist HealthCare’s service areas of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties
- Align with at least one of our funding objectives:
- Health & Wellness: Support community health services, education, and prevention and wellness programs
- Partnerships: Leverage partnerships to address socioeconomic disadvantages that affect health
What Are The Current Funding Priority Areas?
For our 2021 funding cycle, we continue to focus on prioritized significant needs identified through our Community Health Needs Assessment as well as needs exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Requests must align with one or more of the following areas:
- Access to Care
- Mental Health for Adults and Youth
- Workforce Development
- Social Services
- Educational Equity for Youth
- Racial Equity and Justice
- Rehabilitation and Disability Services
- HIV & Hepatitis C (Fort Washington Medical Center Service Area)
Requests must also:
- Be designed to address documented health disparities or inequities
- Have a measurable impact on the community being served
- Align with Adventist HealthCare’s community-based mission
Priority will be given to requests that include meaningful partnerships.
What Are The Submission Deadlines?
Grant applications are reviewed biannually. To be eligible for review, applications must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on the following dates: April 15th and October 15th.
Applications for Event Sponsorship are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be submitted at least 10 weeks in advance of the funding deadline to be eligible for review.
How do I apply for funding?
To apply for a Grant or Event Sponsorship:
- Review the eligibility criteria and funding priorities above.
- Access Our Online Grants Portal
- New users must first register by clicking “Create New Account”.
- If you are an existing user, log on to the system using your email address and password. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not create a new user account. There is a system prompt to assist with recovering a forgotten password.
- Once logged in, select one of the open funding opportunities and complete the online application.
- Applications are reviewed by the Community Partnership Fund Review Board, during which time you may be contacted for more information.
- You will be notified via email regarding the final funding decision.
- Organizations awarded funding will be required to submit progress and/or final reports. Organizations that do not comply with this requirement will not be eligible for future funding opportunities.
For additional information regarding the Community Partnership Fund, funding opportunities, or how to use the online portal, please contact us at email@example.com.