Patient Nondiscrimination Statement
We Serve Without Discrimination
Si habla español, por favor dígale a alguien del equipo de atencion de salud. Esta compañía ofrece asistencia gratis en el idioma que usted prefiere hablar con su proveedor de salud.
Adventist HealthCare does not exclude people or treat them differently. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
We Offer Language Assistance
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please inform patient registration staff or a member of your treatment team and we will be happy to assist you.
We Help Resolve Any Concerns
If you believe that Adventist HealthCare has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance in person or by mail or email with the hospital. If you need help filing a grievance, a Risk Management representative is available to help you. You may file a grievance by mail, phone or email at:
820 W Diamond Avenue, Suite 400
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Integrity Hotline: 800-814-1434
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201