Our American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course provides the knowledge and skills for first aid, consisting of the most common life-threatening emergencies, how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Basics of first aid (duties, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers)
- Medical emergencies (breathing, choking, allergic reaction, heart attack, stroke, and more)
- Injury emergencies (external and internal bleeding, wounds, sprain, broken bones, burns, and more)
- Environmental emergencies (bites and stings, cold- and heat-related emergencies, poisonings, and more)
- Preventing illness and injury
First Aid Certification
A completion eCard, good for two years, will be issued when the course is successfully completed.