Our Maternity Tours fill very quickly. Please register early, and remember, you may take the tour at any time during your pregnancy!
Please join us for a walking tour of The Birth Center at Shady Grove Medical Center. This tour is designed to help you feel at ease at The Birth Center as you prepare for your baby's arrival. We welcome your questions!
Pre-registration is Required
Pre-registration is required so that all participants in the group will have comfortable access.
Adult Only Tour
Please note that this tour is for adults only.
If you have a child under 10 years of age, please also consider registering them in our "Big Brother and Big Sister Class" for children ages 3 to 9 years which includes an abbreviated hospital tour.
Parking Instructions & Wayfinding
To the Birth Center Waiting Room
- Park in the hospital's Main or East Parking Lot (your ticket will be validated for the tour).
- Enter the hospital's Main Entrance.
- Please do not take the Main Entrance elevators behind the waterfall and piano, as they will not lead you to the correct location.
- After entering the hospital, turn right and walk down the concourse and past the Surgical Services waiting area.
- Take elevators to the 3rd floor. They open into The Birth Center Waiting Room.
To the River Conference Room (Weekend Tours)
- Park in the hospital’s main parking garage near “Emergency”
- Enter through the Emergency Department main doors
- After entering through the Emergency Department’s main doors, walk down the hall to the intersection with another hall; turn to the left into that corridor and look on the left for the door to the River conference room
In the event of inclement weather, the make-up date will be on April 4th