Ethics, Research, and COVID-19
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email. You will then receive an invite email with an access link to the Conference on Friday, October 1.
You are cordially invited to attend the 2021 Adventist HealthCare Ethics & Research Virtual Conference. This year, speakers will focus on lessons learned, spirituality and healing and ethical and public health approaches to overcoming health disparities. Adventist HealthCare researchers will also showcase their current studies.
Virtual via Microsoft Teams
Who Should Attend?
This conference is intended for individuals interested in ethical issues & research that have arisen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- E. Oscar Alleyne, DrPH, MPH, Chief of Programs and Services for the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- Oral W. John, JD, MBA, Assistant Professor (Adjunct), Howard University, CNAHS
- Christina M. Puchalski, MD, MS, OCDS, FACP, FAAHPM, Executive Director, George Washington University Institute for Spirituality and Health
- Gerald R. Winslow, PhD, Professor of Religion, Director, Center for Christian Bioethics, Founding Director, Institute for Health Policy and Leadership, Loma Linda University Health
- Andrew Catanzaro, MD, Director of Infectious Diseases, Chair of the Infection Prevention Committee, and Chair of the Antibiotic Stewardship Committee, Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center
- Jonathan Cohen, MD, FACP, Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center, Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center
- Jessica Volz, DNP, CRNP, FNE A/P, FNP-BC, SANE-A, SANE-P, NE-BC, Clinical Director of Forensics, Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center
Continuing Medical Education
Contact hours for physicians, nurses, and social workers will be available.