An Interactive 10-week Series
Sessions included in this 10-week series include:
- Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Act in Time: Heart Attack Signs
- Take Heart: Say YES to Physical Activity
- Help Your Heart: Control Your High Blood Pressure
- Be Heart Smart: Keep Your Cholesterol in Check
- Keep Your Heart in Mind: Aim for a Healthy Weight
- Protect Your Heart: Take Good Care of Your Diabetes for Life
- Make Heart Healthy Eating a Family Affair
- Eat in a Heart Healthy Way: Even When Time of Money is Tight
- Enjoy Living Smoke Free & Celebration!
Check for future dates below and register to attend all topics.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the #1 killer of all American’s. Hight blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, smoking, physical inactivity, and diabetes are all factors that increase a person’s risk of CVD. The good news is that people can lower their risk by making some lifestyle changes.
"Your Heart, Your Life" is a National Institutes of Health (NIH) evidence-based program designed to lead all workshop members to a healthier cardiovascular outcome.
Join us on this 10-week journey as we explore how to live a heart healthy life. This is a virtual class, so please register to receive the link.
Today's Topic: Help Your Heart: Control Your High Blood Pressure
By end of this session, attendees will learn:
- What Blood Pressure numbers mean
- What a stroke is and warning signs
- Steps to lower blood pressure by lowering salt and sodium in diet