Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center is adding a new patient tower to better serve the evolving needs of our growing community. The tower will update emergency, critical care and medical-surgical care spaces in our hospital that tens of thousands of our neighbors rely upon each year. These updates ensure that our caregivers and the people of Montgomery County have the healing environment they want and the advanced services they need, close to home. The tower design incorporates and furthers Adventist HealthCare’s legacy of whole-person healing in the Washington, D.C., area.
Shady Grove Medical Center has cared for Montgomery County families for more than 40 years. We’re always ready when you need us, with high quality services you need for every stage of your life, including:
- Maternity Care - Our Birth Center helps families welcome more than 4,500 babies each year. Our high-level NICU cares for infants who are premature or who need extra support. Wellness programs makes sure families have the information and support they need for a healthy start.
- Joint Replacement Surgery - Our orthopedic surgeons have pioneered robotic joint replacement technologies in the D.C. region, including the MAKOplasty, ROSA and Exactech systems. Our comprehensive surgery programs, which include education, nutritional guidance and therapy, have earned national distinction from The Joint Commission for quality and safety.
- Mental Health Services - Our caregivers can give you tools and support for improved mental and emotional wellness. Our services include an inpatient behavioral health hospital in Rockville, outpatient counseling and wellness programs, and telehealth services. We care for the mental health needs of all ages, starting with young children through the groundbreaking programs at The Lourie Center for Children’s Social & Emotional Wellness.
- Pediatric Care - We’re home to the county’s largest emergency department just for children, as well as a dedicated inpatient unit for children who need longer stays.
- Emergency Care - We’re standing by whenever you need medical care. We treat 91,000 patients each year in our emergency rooms in Rockville and at our Germantown Emergency Center. From strokes and heart attacks to life’s unexpected bumps and bruises, we have your entire family’s health needs covered.
- Stroke, Brain and Spine Care - In a stroke, minutes matter. Shady Grove administers life-saving tPA in under 30 minutes almost 100% of the time, far exceeding the Maryland average of 20%. Our stroke patients recover without a disability at almost double the state average. We’re also bringing Montgomery County residents more advanced stroke interventions like thrombectomy for the chance at better outcomes and long-term quality of life.
- Heart & Vascular Care - Shady Grove builds upon Adventist HealthCare’s tradition of excellence in cardiac care. We’re nationally recognized for quality treatment of the deadliest form of heart attacks, with nationally accredited teams, a Heart Failure Clinic with stellar outcomes, and a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation center that gets patients back on their feet quickly and safely.