The CNA Academy at Adventist HealthCare
The CNA Academy at Adventist HealthCare is an innovative program designed to support those seeking to start a career in patient care services as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The Academy offers classroom and clinical training, in a hospital setting, to prepare candidates to pass the CNA certification exam.
The Academy is perfect for anyone eager to start a new career where they can make a difference in the lives of others in a work environment that strongly supports professional growth. No prior patient care experience is necessary.
The Academy operates four cohorts, each with 16 participants, per year. While training will be offered at Shady Grove and White Oak Medical Centers, upon earning their certificate candidates will be placed in CNA positions throughout Adventist HealthCare.
The Academy is different from other programs because it removes many of the barriers that often keep people from pursuing this career path. The program offers:
- FREE Tuition - We eliminate program fees so aspiring CNAs can focus on their studies instead of worrying about how to pay for training
- FREE Books & Supplies - We also provide training books, a set of scrubs and stethoscope free of charge to eliminate the added financial burden of supplies
- Salary + Benefits - We hire our CNA candidates so they can earn money and full benefits while they learn
- Expert Guidance - We offer a quality classroom learning experience under the guidance of a dedicated nurse educator, so candidates gain knowledge in best practices for clinical outcomes and patient experience
- Hospital Setting - We provide real-life clinical training in a hospital setting so candidates can learn practical, real-world skills to prepare for the challenges of working at the bedside in acute care
- Six-week Training - Candidates complete training in six weeks so they're well positioned to pass the Maryland CNA exam and start working right away at one of our hospitals or in home health
- Career Development - We open the door to new career opportunities by supporting participants through their CNA journey…and beyond!