Nurse Residency Program
Prepare for a successful career during the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program at Adventist HealthCare.
About the Program
The Nurse Residency Program at Adventist HealthCare uses a transformational and evidence based curriculum administered by Vizient and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)TM.
Our program supports the development of new graduate nurses both professionally and personally. Become a confident, capable leader and valued member of our team.
During the residency, you’ll experience:
- A structured, progressive program individualized to your learning style and needs
- Mentorship and guidance from dedicated preceptors and faculty members
- Opportunities to make a lasting impact in the lives of patients and advance your career at Adventist HealthCare
- Professional development
- Peer support and professional socialization
Four (4) Cohorts Annually
Nurse Residency Program Cohorts are offered in February, April, August, and October. Applications are accepted year round.
After you complete the yearlong Nurse Residency Program, you are required to work full-time for an additional year, for a total of 2 years.
Learn from knowledgeable colleagues using innovative technology in well-equipped facilities. Your residency may take place at:
On-the-Job Nursing Skills
By the end of the program, feel confident in your abilities to:
- Make effective decisions in a clinical environment
- Provide clinical nursing leadership at the point of care
- Thrive in a fast-paced, academic medical center environment
- Use research- and evidence-based information to improve patient care and outcomes
Salary & Benefits
You’ll receive a full salary and excellent benefits during the residency.