Volunteer at White Oak Medical Center
White Oak Medical Center in Silver Spring, MD
Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center seeks volunteers, aged 15 and older, to help us achieve our vision of providing compassionate, patient-centered care for outpatients and complex inpatients that is second to none in quality and safety.
You Can Make a Difference
At White Oak Medical Center, our volunteers work in the gift shop, staff the information desks, visit patients, assist on the nursing units and contribute to the clerical duties in various offices. Our volunteers enhance the hospital’s ability to effectively meet the growing needs of our community.
Volunteering at Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center offers you countless opportunities to enrich your life while you make a valuable contribution to those who need your help, time and effort.
Become a Volunteer
- Have fun and meet new people.
- Learn a new skill and gain work experience.
- Reach out to those in need.
- Give back to the community.
- Explore your abilities and talents by trying new activities.
- Share your expertise.
- Stay active and involved.
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
Stepping Stones Program
Our Stepping Stones program offers pre-med and medical students the opportunity to interact with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals. Students observe and learn about the day-to-day activities in various units throughout the hospital. Each student serves two, four-hour shifts a week, for 6 to 8 weeks in June and July. Students must have completed a minimum of two years of college to be eligible. Our 2022 Stepping Stones program is now filled. Please check back in September to pre-register for our 2023 program.
Be prepared to complete the following steps as part of your approval into our program:
- Attend a 1-hour interview information session
- Provide proof of vaccination for MMR, Varicella, TDap, HepB, Flu (seasonal) and COVID-19.
- Attend a 4-hour orientation class
- Purchase a uniform jacket
- Meet with your assigned department supervisor
For more information and to join our volunteer team, please email WOMCvolunteers@AdventistHealthCare.com.