A Better View of Foot and Ankle Injuries
Adventist HealthCare Imaging‘s new weight-bearing foot and ankle CT (PedCT) scan, which is available at Adventist’s Rockville center, offers an improved way to diagnose foot and ankle injuries by providing a clearer, more precise view.
The scan creates an image of the foot or ankle while the patient stands instead of sitting or lying. This approach provides a clearer view compared with traditional X-rays and enables more precise treatment of injuries or deformities such as fractures, bunions and other bone-related issues.
THE FOOT AND ANKLE CT SCAN OFFERS BETTER IMAGING OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND/OR INJURIES:
- Fractures of the toe, ankle and foot
- Evaluation of arthritic joints
- Evaluation of bunion deformities
- Pre- and postoperative planning and assessment
- Accuracy: Standing images offer the most accurate assessment of injuries
- Clarity: More detailed, precise 3-D images of the foot and ankle compared with traditional X-rays
- Speed: The new PedCT scans take less than 60 seconds
- Low Radiation: These new scans offer ultra-low radiation exposure