About COVID-19 Vaccination at Adventist HealthCare
Adventist HealthCare has moved quickly and safely to vaccinate members of our community at clinics in Rockville, Takoma Park and Fort Washington. Vaccine supply is extremely limited. Our system will vaccinate community members as it receives doses from the state of Maryland. Vaccination is done by appointment only and vaccine sites cannot serve walk-ups.
WHERE TO LOOK FOR APPOINTMENTS
Adventist HealthCare will post all information about COVID-19 vaccination and appointment opportunities on our website: AdventistHealthCare.com/COVIDVax
On our vaccine site, you can:
- Sign up to be alerted by email about vaccination opportunities
- Schedule an appointment as spots become available
- See who’s currently eligible for vaccination
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL VACCINE APPOINTMENT
- Talk to your doctor ahead of time about any underlying medical conditions. If you have allergic reactions or other concerns, ask whether a community clinic is the best healthcare setting for your vaccination.
- Make sure its been more than 14 days since you’ve received any other vaccines.
- Review fact sheets by the vaccine manufacturers. Also, visit CDC.gov for the latest educational information about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Make sure when you make an appointment that you will be available to return for the required second dose of vaccine. Second doses are required at 21 days for the Pfizer vaccine and 28 days for the Moderna vaccine for optimal protection.
- Make sure you meet the current criteria for the vaccine clinic at which you are making an appointment. Clinics are moving through the government’s phased vaccination plans differently to best serve their communities with a limited number of doses.
- If you are returning for a second dose appointment, please bring the white CDC card you receive at your first appointment.
- Plan to wait at your vaccination site for 15 minutes after your shot, so healthcare workers can observe any reactions you might experience.
To check for other vaccine locations throughout the state, visit CovidLink.Maryland.gov.