- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the sauce:
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tamari low sodium
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with baking powder, sea salt and 1 1/2 tsp avocado oil.
3. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes.
4. Make the sauce by heating up the 1/2 tsp avocado oil and adding the minced garlic, sauté over medium-low for about 30 seconds. Then add tamari, rice vinegar, ground ginger and chili flakes. Let that simmer for a few minutes.
5. In the last 30 seconds, add the raw honey and stir to combine. If using raw honey, make sure the heat is very low. It should be fairly thick.
6. Remove the sauce from heat and add 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil to finish.
7. Once the chicken wings are crispy, remove them from the oven and toss with the sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and serve immediately.