Cancer Center Cooks: Mini Egg Frittatas
Our recent cooking class focused on starting your day with a healthy and filling breakfast.
Breakfast gives us the energy we need to begin our day. And eating a balanced and satisfying breakfast helps to curb cravings later in the day.
The mini egg frittatas we prepared in class are an easy breakfast option and great to make ahead for the week. Get creative and add different veggies to them such as chopped spinach, diced peppers or cooked roasted peppers to one pan of egg frittatas. This way, you’ll have something different every day!
- 7 whole eggs
- 5 egg whites
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper.
- Divide chives and cheese (and other mix-ins) among the muffin tins, then ladle egg over the top until almost full.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until eggs are puffed up and set in the center.