Coming Soon for Our Community: A New Hospital Campus
This time next year, the Washington, D.C., region will have a new, state-of-the-art hospital in the White Oak section of Montgomery County, replacing the existing Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center in Takoma Park.
The new hospital will be called Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center and will be located off Route 29 and Cherry Hill Road near the border of Prince George’s County. The campus is also close to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which partners with Adventist HealthCare on medical research to improve public health.
In the new location, our team of physicians, nurses and technicians will continue to offer high-quality and compassionate emergency, heart, cancer, maternity, medical and surgical care.
The new medical center will include:
- 170 private (single-bed) patient rooms
- Cutting-edge equipment and technology in care areas, including the Emergency Department, operating rooms and heart catheterization labs
- On-campus outpatient services and doctors’ offices
- A healing environment that incorporates natural light, lake and nature views, outdoor areas and a walking trail
- A campus that offers easy access from major roads and increased bus routes, as well as ample garage parking
Additionally, Adventist HealthCare will open a 24/7 urgent care center in Takoma Park to provide treatment for minor illnesses and injuries.