Grilled Salmon with Mango-Lime Cream Sauce Recipe
Did you know that eating eight ounces of fatty fish per week can actually boost your heart health? This grilled salmon dish is the perfect way to get your heart-healthy fat!
“Salmon contains unsaturated fat and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help your heart by lowering your cholesterol and helping to prevent plaque buildup in your arteries,” said Sheila Mulhern, RD, a registered dietitian. “This light grilled salmon dish will help keep your heart healthy and your stomach feeling full without lots of extra calories!”
GRILLED SALMON WITH MANGO-LIME CREAM SAUCE
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry
- 1/3 chopped, jarred or canned mango (1 Tbsp. juice preserved
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over one side of the salmon. Using your fingertips, gently press so they adhere to the fish
- Grill with the seasoned side down for five minutes. Turn over. Grill for two to three minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until serving time. Spoon over the fish.
- 168 calories
- 4.5 grams total fat
- .5 grams saturated fat
- 170 mg sodium
- 3 grams sugar
- 26 grams protein