Overnight Oats Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy, heart-healthy breakfast? Elizabeth Bilodeau, registered dietitian with Adventist HealthCare, recommends these simple overnight oats.
“These are a great heart-healthy breakfast choice because of the soluble fiber that comes from the oats themselves,” says Elizabeth. “You can also add fruits for phytochemicals, and nuts and seeds for healthy fats that can boost your heart health.”
Adapted from: Lemons & Zest blog.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk of choice
- Tablespoon cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Nuts to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the blueberries in a small jar that can be sealed.
- Stir well to combine.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled or warm up in microwave.
- Calories Per Serving: 277
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 187.2mg
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Sugars: 13.5g
* Note: Nutrition facts may vary depending on optional ingredients used, brand variation and food preparation.