Published on November 03, 2021
Protein Bites with Chocolate, Black Bean and Coconut
These chocolate, black bean and coconut protein bites are the perfect snack or dessert and easy to make!
- 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted
- 8 ounces black beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, yellow, ground
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, mini
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup coconut, shredded, toasted, split
- In a food processor, coarsely grind the almonds, remove 50% and set aside. Finely grind the remaining almonds. Add the dates and process until they are well incorporated. Add the beans and grind until smooth.
- Add the almond butter, flax seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. Process until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the remaining coarsely ground almonds.
- Form into balls and roll in toasted coconut.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Calories Per Serving: 107
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Sodium: 266 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Source: Chef Barbara Alexander via The Bean Institute