Rutabaga Fries Recipe
We all love a good French fry, but they aren't the healthiest choice.
Patricia Guay-Berry, Oncology nutritionist with the Aquilino Cancer Center, shared this recipe with us for oven-baked rutabaga fries. While the recipe instructs you to use an oven, for extra crispiness, you can modify the recipe for an air fryer.
- 1 small rutabaga, skin removed, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. In a bowl, toss rutabaga with olive oil, smoked paprika and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange rutabaga on a baking sheet, avoiding overcrowding to prevent steaming and subsequent loss of crispiness. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
4. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce of choice for a satisfying snack or alongside a homemade bean burger as part of a nutritious meal. Serves 2.