Score a Snack Touchdown on Game Day
FOOTBALL FANS DREAM OF THE CELEBRATORY SPREAD ALL YEAR, BUT FOR THOSE TRYING TO EAT HEALTHY, NAVIGATING A GAME-DAY PARTY CAN TURN INTO A JUNK FOOD-FILLED NIGHTMARE!
Typical Super Bowl snacks like potato chips and fried chicken wings are usually high in saturated fat, sodium and calories. Eating too much of this type of food can increase your risk for diabetes and heart disease. Simple changes can turn a game-day calorie calamity into a nutritious win.
TRY THESE WINNING GAME-DAY SUBSTITUTIONS
- Packaged chips, cheese curls, or crackers
- Fried chicken wings
- Baked goods or candy
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Sour cream-based dips
- Soda or juice drinks
- Kale chips or plain popcorn flavored with your favorite spices
- Baked chicken wings
- Fruit kabobs with low-calorie yogurt or whipped topping
- Greek yogurt-based dips
- Hummus or guacamole
- Water or seltzer with a splash of 100% juice