Experts in Radiation Oncology
The Center for Advanced Radiation Oncology delivers high-quality, advanced cancer treatments using the latest technology in a comfortable and calming setting. The experienced and board-certified physician and licensed team will expertly guide you through each step of the radiation treatment process, from initial consultation to follow-up care with compassion.
We offer radiation treatments for curative and palliative care, either alone or in combination with surgery, chemotherapy or hormone therapy.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) to ensure dosage accuracy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) to deliver controlled doses of radiation
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) to destroy tumor cells in lung cancer, liver cancer and spine cancer.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) used in place of invasive surgery to treat brain cancer
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT/RapidArc®) uses special software to deliver IMRT treatments up to eight times faster than what was previously possible. This ensures treatment precision, helping to spare surrounding healthy tissue.
- Brachytherapy involves placing or implanting radiation sources to deliver higher doses than can be given externally to tumors in prostate cancer, breast cancer, esophageal cancer, lung cancer and gynecological cancer sites. There are two available types:
- High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Low-dose rate (LDR) brachytherapy
We provide state-of-the-art radiation therapy using the Varian™ Truebeam™ an innovative, non-invasive technology that combines the latest in imaging, beam delivery, and motion management to deliver powerful cancer treatments with speed and precision.
Comprehensive, Convenient Cancer Care
The Center for Advanced Radiation Oncology is part of the comprehensive cancer care services conveniently offered in one location at White Oak Cancer Center. Patients have access to a wide range of treatments and support services, including clinical trials, cancer rehabilitation, counseling and spiritual care.
Areas We Serve
White Oak Cancer Center proudly serves the communities of Silver Spring, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Burtonsville, College Park, Greenbelt, Takoma Park and the surrounding Washington, DC metropolitan area.