Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center, an acute-care facility located in Silver Spring, Maryland, is Montgomery County’s first comprehensive cardiac center, performing hundreds of open-heart surgeries and thousands of heart catheterizations each year.
Continuing Our Healthcare Legacy
Opened in 1907 and formerly known as Washington Adventist Hospital, the Medical Center has provided holistic healing to our community for more than 100 years. As we did a hundred years ago, we strive to offer our patients the best, most advanced care possible. To expand access to healthcare in our community, we relocated to a new state-of-the-art hospital and healthcare campus on 48-acres of land, off Route 29 and Cherry Hill Road in the White Oak area of Silver Spring. Our new hospital, along with key healthcare services retained in Takoma Park, strengthens healthcare in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties and the surrounding region.
Leaders in Heart Care
Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center has been your trusted name in heart care since performing the first open-heart surgery in the D.C. area nearly 60 years ago. Today we continue to offer the most advanced, least invasive cardiac and vascular procedures available. Our Center for Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery provides patients with a unique expertise in minimally invasive heart surgery that you won’t find at many other area hospitals.
Hospital-based Radiation Oncology
Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medial Center’s radiation oncology program is the first hospital-based facility in all of Montgomery and Prince Georges Counties, and the first facility in the Washington Metropolitan area to be accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO).
Whole Person Health
Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center is part of Adventist HealthCare, an integrated health care delivery system that includes hospitals, home health agencies, rehabilitation centers, and other healthcare services. This full spectrum of services covers a wide range of health care needs, providing the best care for you and your family – mind, body, and spirit.
Accreditations & Designations
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Maryland
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, Version V with PCI, The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC), an Institute of the American College of Cardiology
- Accredited Radiation Oncology Program, American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Designated Primary Stroke Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry - Get With the Guidelines
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll, American Heart Association