Adventist HealthCare Radiation Oncology delivers compassionate, high-quality cancer treatments using the latest technology. Board-certified radiation oncologists oversee compassionate care delivered by our experienced, licensed staff.
Experts in Radiation Oncology
Adventist HealthCare’s Radiation Oncology Center has earned accreditation from the American College of Radiology. Only 15 percent of U.S. hospitals hold this distinction.
Features of the Center
- Radiation treatments for curative and palliative care, either alone or in combination with surgery, chemotherapy or hormone therapy.
- 4D CT treatment planning system to optimize beam placement, which is crucial to better targeting tumors
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) to deliver controlled doses of radiation
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) to ensure dosage accuracy
- Brachytherapy, which involves placing or implanting radiation sources to deliver higher doses than can be given externally to tumors in prostate cancer, breast cancer, esophageal cancer, lung cancer and gynecological cancer sites.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), which is used in place of invasive surgery to treat brain cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), which destroys tumor cells in lung cancer, liver cancer and spine cancer.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Coordinated care in a convenient and soothing setting
Part of Our Comprehensive Cancer Care Program
Radiation Oncology is just one part of Adventist HealthCare’s comprehensive cancer care services. Patients have access to an array of treatment and support services, including integrative medicine, clinical trials, counseling and spiritual care. These services can be found conveniently under one roof at the Shady Grove Adventist Aquilino Cancer Center.