For general inquiries, please contact: Sheila Cahill, Director of the Ridge School of Montgomery County, 301-217-5412.
The Ridge School is a special education day school for students in grades 6 through 12 with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and other behavioral health impairments. We provide educational, clinical, and behavioral services to students.
A Therapeutic Learning Community
Our staff strives to create a therapeutic learning community that is based on the belief that all students can learn in a school environment that promotes respect, scholarship, integrity, and physical and emotional safety.
Students learn to better understand their own learning challenges and identify successful ways to compensate for their learning differences.
The Ridge School is a community that teaches respect for diversity and promotes a physically and emotionally
Our school’s interdisciplinary team empowers students to grow beyond behaviors that have interfered with their school success and prevented them from establishing and maintaining healthy relationships with adults and peers.
The Ridge School is an approved program where students earn credit they need in order to meet the requirements for graduation from their local school system.
- Individual and group counseling
- Special education and clinical services through the implementation of each student’s Individual Education Program (IEP)
- Behavior management support and crisis intervention
- Social skills training
- College, career and transition planning
- Music technology classes
- Speech and language therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Family case management services
- Support for mainstreaming
Interdisciplinary School Team
Our interdisciplinary school team consists of:
- IEP Coordinator
- Certified special education teachers
- Testing and Assessment Coordinator
- Social workers
- Teacher assistants
- Behavior support staff
- 1:1 classroom aides