Do not delay your screening mammogram if you are already overdue because of a COVID-19 vaccination. Please talk with your primary care physician about the appropriate timing of your exam.
Rely on the compassionate team at Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Breast Center in Rockville, Maryland for comprehensive breast health and women’s imaging services.
Accredited Breast Center
Expect accurate results, compassionate support and the latest technology available. We’re one of the only breast centers in Maryland the American College of Radiology (ACR) designates as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence which means you can trust our skilled staff to follow the highest standards for care.
Breast Exams & Treatments
Get personalized and high-quality breast imaging services at a single, convenient location near you. Access diagnostic, screening and treatment procedures such as:
- Breast biopsy, including stereotactic or ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound, including the ABUS 3D breast ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided aspiration
Advanced Mammogram Tests
If you’re a woman age 40 or older, take advantage of the latest technology for your yearly mammogram. To check the health of your breasts, your doctor may recommend:
- Screening digital mammogram – Looks for signs of breast cancer before symptoms happen
- Diagnostic digital mammogram – Checks breast health if you have a breast lump, pain or other symptoms, or if a screening mammogram shows breast tissue that may be abnormal
- 3D mammogram (tomosynthesis) – Uses X-rays to create detailed, 3D images of breast tissue that help radiologists more easily find unusual tissue, especially in women with dense breasts
Women’s Imaging Services
Look to our radiologists at this location for a wide range of imaging services, including:
Because the breast center is on the campus of Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center on Medical Center Drive, you have close access to the hospital’s specialized services and providers if needed. The breast center is located in Medical Plaza 2 on the second floor.
Parking & Public Transportation
Enjoy parking onsite that’s free with validation for up to three hours. If you choose to use public transportation, a WMATA stop is in front of our building. Use the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website to plan your route to the breast center.
Visitor & Privacy Policies
Anyone who comes with you to the breast center will stay in the waiting room during your appointment. Unless accompanied by another adult, please do not bring children under 10 to the imaging center.
Shady Grove Breast Specialists
Expect one-on-one guidance and support from breast experts. Depending on your unique needs, your care team may include:
- Breast cancer navigator
- Breast-certified radiologist
- Technologists, professionals with advanced training to operate imaging machines
Count on every member of your team to answer your questions and help you feel comfortable about your imaging procedure.