Choose Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center for a full range of services from compassionate doctors, nurses and other professionals. Benefit from advanced treatment choices at a hospital that’s cared for your community for over 30 years.
Hospital Services in Rockville
We offer whole-person care with health services tailored to your unique needs.
Patients & Visitor Resources
Find information about this hospital, including:
- Chapel, healing garden and spiritual care
- Dining options
- Gift shop
- Parking and wayfinding
- Preregistration forms for childbirth and surgery
- Visiting hours
Access additional resources for Adventist HealthCare patients and visitors, including bill pay, cheer cards, medical records and system-wide policies.
Feel confident you’re getting exceptional care because of recognition our facility has won for quality, safety and patient satisfaction. Shady Grove Medical Center holds full accreditation from The Joint Commission and is licensed by the state of Maryland.
Recognition for Specialized Care
When you or a loved one need specialty care, turn to our experts.
Accredited Cancer Center
Turn to the first comprehensive cancer center in Montgomery County for expert oncology services. Find effective treatments and support because Shady Grove Medical Center’s Aquilino Cancer Center holds accreditation as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program. This means our center ranks in the top 30 percent of cancer centers in the U.S.
We also hold:
- Accreditation as a Radiation Oncology Center by the American College of Radiology Committee on Radiation Oncology Accreditation and American Society for Radiation Oncology
- Accreditation from the National Accreditation for Breast Centers
- Gold Seal of Accreditation in computed tomography (CT) scanning by the American College of Radiology
Heart & Vascular Specialists
Get expert cardiovascular care when it matters most because our hospital has earned:
- Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) accreditation from the American College of Cardiology
- Designation of Cardiac Intervention Centers by the Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services and Systems
Joint Replacement Certification
Know you’re getting superior care because The Joint Commission gave the Joint Replacement Center at our hospital the top national certification available: the Gold Seal of Approval for joint replacement. That means we meet high standards by using the latest treatments. Partner with board-certified experts who do hundreds of successful surgeries each year.
Mom- & Baby-Friendly Birth Center
Trust your pregnancy and delivery to one of the top birth centers in the region. Our birth center is:
- Equipped with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to care for newborns with high-risk conditions using the latest life-saving technology
- Maryland’s first birth center to earn Baby Friendly designation from the World Health Organization and UNICEF for breastfeeding support
- The only hospital in the state to provide birth advisors to help expecting mothers create a personalized birth plan
Depend on the pediatric care experts at Shady Grove Medical Center for primary care and specialty services. Rely on our skilled nurses and board-certified doctors for pediatric emergency care in a kid-friendly environment 24/7. Feel peace of mind knowing your child will get care fast in the first and largest pediatric emergency department in Montgomery County.
Expect excellent surgical care in a wide range of specialties. We hold national accreditation from the American College of Surgeons and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Ways to Give
Make a difference in your community when you share your story, donate a financial gift or volunteer at Shady Grove Medical Center.
Complaints & Grievances
Please call 240-826-6513 for any complaints and grievances you may have about your care.
Explore the history and leadership at Shady Grove Medical Center and how we support Adventist HealthCare’s mission as a faith-based, not-for-profit community resource.