Adventist HealthCare Washington Adventist Hospital is an acute-care facility located in Takoma Park, Maryland. Opened in 1907, the hospital is Montgomery County’s first cardiac center, performing hundreds of open-heart surgeries and thousands of heart catheterizations each year.
Leading Edge, State-of-the-Art Procedures
Adventist HealthCare Washington Adventist Hospital has provided the Washington D.C. region with the most advanced, least invasive cardiac and vascular procedures with skill, compassion and experience for more than 50 years. The hospital was the first in the D.C. area to perform open heart surgery, numerous cardiac procedures, including mitral valvuloplasty, and the first in the mid-Atlantic to perform a revolutionary type of surgery called Mini-Maze that can correct atrial fibrillation (AF), a common form of heart rhythm abnormality and a major cause of stroke.
Hospital Accreditations & Designations
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Maryland
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, Level IV with PCI,The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Designated Cardiac Interventional Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Services and Systems (MIEMSS)
- Accredited Cancer Program with Commendation, The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Accredited Radiation Oncology Program, American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Designated Primary Stroke Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Silver Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry - Get With the Guidelines
- Named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission
- Three-Star rating for heart surgery by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
In an effort to better meet our patient's needs, we now offer valet parking service at Washington Adventist Hospital. This service is intended to significantly alleviate the parking hassles that our patients and visitors face on a daily basis. Patient's and other drivers will be able to access this service at the main entrance circle of the hospital, under the canopy area.
Accessing the Hospital by Metro or Ride-On Bus
Plan your next trip to Washington Adventist Hospital by creating a custom trip plan from your front door using the WMATA website.