Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center has served our community for more than 112 years, first in Takoma Park and now in our state-of-the-art facility here in White Oak.
Our hospital is the first comprehensive cardiac center in Montgomery County and has provided the most advanced, least invasive heart care with skill, compassion and experience for more than 50 years.
White Oak Medical Center also provides high-quality Emergency, Stroke, Maternity, Cancer, Surgical and Orthopedic care. Our integrated healthcare delivery network includes acute care and physical rehabilitation hospitals, mental health services and home health agencies, urgent care and a range of outpatient services.
The new White Oak Medical Center provides the excellent care you’ve come to expect from Adventist HealthCare in a modern facility at a new, convenient location in Silver Spring that offers
- 180 private patient rooms
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Calming nature views and natural light
- More than 1,000 parking spaces
A Natural, Healing Environment
- Natural Elements - From our main lobby to the cafeteria, you will enjoy a warm, welcoming environment featuring repurposed wood and large windows.
- Wellness Space - The new hospital will incorporate nature to create a healing environment and a space for wellness. A paved walking path around the lake behind the hospital will offer a place to exercise outdoors.
- Calm Environment - A roof garden and other courtyards with seating, shady trees and plants will offer space to relax outdoors.
Part of a Healthcare Community
Adjacent to the Food and Drug Administration, the hospital is at the center of the future White Oak Science Gateway, a developing life sciences community combining medical researchers, retail and business.
Parking & Public Transportation
Parking is available for a fee in the South Garage on Levels 1-3. You may pay the parking fee with a credit card at the pay stations in the garage or with cash at the Gift Shop or Cafeteria on Level 1. Parking is available for emergency patients in the surface lot near the Emergency Department. Handicapped parking is available on Level 1 of the garage. There are 12 car-charging stations on campus for electric vehicles.
Plan your next trip to White Oak Medical Center by creating a custom trip plan from your front door using the WMATA website.
Hospital Accreditations & Designations
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Maryland
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, Version V with PCI,The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Designated Cardiac Interventional Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Services and Systems (MIEMSS)
- Accredited Cancer Program with Commendation, The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Accredited Radiation Oncology Program, American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Designated Primary Stroke Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry - Get With the Guidelines
- Three-Star rating for heart surgery by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
Ways to Give
Make a difference in your community when you share your story, donate a financial gift or volunteer at White Oak Medical Center.
Complaints & Grievances
Please call 240-637-6599 for any complaints and grievances you may have about your care.