Shady Grove Adventist Hospital is an acute care facility located in Rockville, MD. Opened in 1979, the hospital has since added a four story patient tower, including private rooms – 48 for new moms and their babies – and a high tech surgery department for inpatients and outpatients.
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital - At a Glance
- One of four Maryland hospitals voted by the Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC) to be granted a two-year waiver to perform non-primary (elective) percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) as part of a multi-state clinical study based on the high-quality of the cardiac program, high volumes of patients and excellent outcomes in this area.
- Designated as a Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), one of the highest possible ratings attainable, that provides a broad range of pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists. Equipped with the lastest lifesaving technology, the NICU is staffed at all times by neonatalogists (doctors specializing in newborn baby care) and neonatal nurses-all are trained to care for the most complex and high risk situations among newborns.
- Operates the first and largest comprehensive Pediatric Emergency Department in Montgomery County, staffed with fellowship trained, Pediatric Emergency Physicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The first hospital in the area to offer a Birth Advisor to aid expectant mothers in preparing for their upcoming birth experience. This free appointment allows expectant mothers a one on one discussion with an experienced Labor and Delivery nurse about their individual needs and expectations for their hospital stay.
Whole Person Health
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital is part of Adventist HealthCare, an intergrated health care delivery system that includes hospitals, home health agencies, nursing and rehabilitation centers, and other healthcare services. This full spectrum of services covers a wide range of health care needs, providing the best care for you and your family – mind, body, and spirit.
Accreditations & Designations
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Maryland
- Primary Stroke Center (PSC), 2007, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS).
- Chest Pain Center, 2007, Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Accredited Cancer Program with Commendation, 2008, American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, 2007 American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Ernest Amory Codman Award, 2005, Joint Commission