Adventist HealthCare LifeWork Strategies Recognizes Local Businesses with Annual Flu Fighter Award
Gaithersburg, MD – On Thursday, March 21, Adventist HealthCare LifeWork Strategies will recognize businesses with the annual “Flu Fighter” award at the “LifeWork Connections” luncheon. Recipients receive this award for demonstrating a commitment to creating a healthier, flu-free workplace.
All employers receiving the Flu Fighter award proved to LifeWorks Strategies how their actions kept their employees healthy during the 2018 – 2019 flu season. Examples of these actions include providing surface cleaners, hand sanitizers and other resources in their businesses to promote a more sanitary work environment. All award recipients offered on-site flu vaccination clinics and most covered the cost of the vaccine for their employees. This year, LifeWork Strategies will recognize four businesses as “Flu Champions,” who demonstrated an exceptional commitment to keeping their workplaces flu-free and healthy.
“LifeWork Strategies is thrilled to celebrate businesses who make the health of their employees a top priority,” says Mindy Pierce, the Associate Vice President of Urgent Care and Employer Health for Adventist HealthCare. “Our winners recognize the relationship that sick-leave policies, hygienic environments and flu vaccinations have on employee productivity, attendance and satisfaction.”
The LifeWork Connections luncheon will be held on Thursday, Mar. 21 at the Universities of Shady Grove from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. The luncheon will include presentations from Adventist HealthCare and community experts on how opioid abuse affects employees and businesses. For more information about the event, email Events@LifeWorkStrategies.com.
The recipients of the Flu Fighter award for 2018 – 2019 are:
- Digital Infuzion, Inc. (Flu Champion)
- EchoStar Corporation (Flu Champion)
- Sheppard Pratt Health System (Flu Champion)
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Flu Champion)
- Adventist HealthCare
- AgNovos Healthcare
- Aronson LLC
- Asbury Communities
- Bowers + Kubota Consulting
- Central Florida Health - Employee Health
- City of Gaithersburg
- Dynaxys, LLC
- Federal Realty Investment Trust
- Frederick County Public Schools
- IntelliDyne, LLC
- IQ Solutions
- James G. Davis Construction Corporation
- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
- Montgomery College – Student Health and Wellness Center for Success
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association
- Nutricia North America
- Potomac Physician Associates
- Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
- The Donaldson Group, LLC
- The Donohoe Companies, Inc.
- The Goddard School of Clarksburg
- The Humane Society of the United States
- Truth Initiative
- University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center
- Walker & Dunlop
Adventist HealthCare LifeWork Strategies helps businesses and their employees create and maintain healthy behaviors to promote a culture of well-being. We use customized and innovative approaches to support total well-being through employee assistance programs, well-being solutions, occupational health services and a comprehensive digital platform. Our work creates stronger, healthier organizations.