Partner with doctors at Adventist HealthCare who specialize in treating an array of dermatological conditions. Benefit from expert care close to you in Maryland.
What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is the study of skin, hair, and nail conditions or disorders. Dermatologists are doctors with advanced training to diagnose, treat, and manage such conditions.
Conditions We Treat
Keep your skin looking and feeling healthy with comprehensive dermatological care from Adventist HealthCare. Rely on our dermatology experts to provide care for:
- Birthmarks – a colored mark or blemish on or under the skin since birth
- Canker sores – a shallow sore on your tongue or the inside of your lip or cheek
- Cysts – hard lumps filled with fluid that develop under the skin
- Eczema – itchy inflammation of the skin
- Excessive sweating
- Fungal nail infections – when fungus attacks and infects a fingernail, toenail, or nailbed
- Hair loss
- Hives – an allergic reaction that causes a rash to suddenly appear on your face or body
- Lipomas – a growth of fat cells below the skin
- Psoriasis – a chronic skin condition that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery or red patches of skin
- Rashes – skin irritation
- Rosacea – a skin disease that causes redness on your nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead
- Skin cancer – cancer within the skin, usually caused by years of too much sun exposure
- Skin tags – harmless, soft pieces of skin that stick out
- Varicose veins – twisted, enlarged veins near the surface of the skin; most common in legs and ankles
- Warts – a viral skin growth caused by human papillomavirus (HPV)
Depending on your condition and symptoms, your doctor may recommend medical treatment or a skin care regimen to meet your individual needs.