Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Care
Partner with doctors at Adventist HealthCare who specialize in treating unique ear, nose, and throat conditions. Benefit from expert care close to you in Maryland.
What is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngology is the study of diseases of the ear, nose and throat (ENT), including ear and balance disorders, hearing loss, head and neck cancers, and sinus and nasal conditions.
What is an Otolaryngologist?
Otolaryngologists or ENT specialists are trained in both medical practice and surgery for the head and neck.
Rely on the ENT experts at Adventist HealthCare to treat conditions including:
- Balance disorders
- Deviated septum – when the cartilage or bone of the nose is not straight and causes difficulty breathing
- Dizziness – the feeling that you or your surroundings are moving when there is no actual movement
- Ear infections – earache caused by fluid buildup within the middle ear
- Head and neck cancers
- Hearing loss – the sudden or gradual decrease in how well you can hear
- Larynx problems – illness or injury to the voice box
- Respiratory problems – nose, mouth, sinus, throat, or lung problems that cause difficulty breathing
- Salivary gland conditions
- Sinus and nasal conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Swimmer’s ear – painful inflammation and infection of the ear canal
- Thyroid problems – disfunction of the thyroid gland and hormones
- Tonsil and adenoid infection – painful inflammation of the tonsils or adenoids
- Voice and swallowing disorders
Your Options for Care
Your treatment plan depends on the type of condition you have and other lifestyle factors. Expect your ENT physician to work closely with other members of your care team, ncluding your primary care physician and other specialists. Depending on your condition and symptoms, your doctor may recommend:
- Lifestyle changes