Keep Your Heart Healthy
Make healthy choices to improve your heart health and prevent future problems, like heart disease. Depend on the helpful heart and vascular experts at Adventist HealthCare for guidance and resources.
Talk to your primary care provider about your personal risk for heart problems. Depending on your family medical history, current health conditions and other factors, your doctor may recommend you:
- Avoid tobacco
- Eat a heart-healthy diet that includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean sources of protein
- Get regular exercise
- Improve sleep
- Limit alcohol use
- Lose weight if you’re overweight and/or stay at a healthy weight
- Manage stress
- Treat health conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes
Improve your heart health with:
- Diabetes and prediabetes education – Find guidance from certified diabetes educators to control blood glucose (sugar), blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Fitness and weight management – Take part in an exercise program to lose weight or learn if weight loss surgery is right for you.
- Mental health care – Benefit from emotional support and help to manage stress.
- Nutrition counseling – Connect with a registered dietitian to talk about how a healthy diet can help you reach a healthy weight and cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Tobacco cessation – Get free support to quit smoking.
Heart Health Education
Explore our health library for more information about heart and vascular conditions, risk factors and living a healthy life.