Receive medication management at home from the visiting professionals at Adventist HealthCare.
Certified Medication Technicians
Expect the best possible care because Adventist HealthCare is one of the only home care agencies in the area with certified medical technicians (CMTs) on staff. CMTs are certified nursing assistants (CNAs) with advanced training to give medications, as well as personal care and companionship and other home health services.
Benefits of Medication Management
Take medications safely with support from our professionals. Medication management can help you or a loved one:
- Avoid medication mistakes and harmful drug interactions
- Get the most out of your treatment plan
- Prevent readmission to the hospital or emergency room visits
- Take medications exactly as your doctor prescribes
Medication Services at Home
Your licensed home care providers will help you and/or your caregivers understand when, how and why you should take your medications and how much you should take. Your providers can also help you learn to take or give medication on your own.
Your provider will:
- Administer medications intravenously (IV), through injections, or by pills and tablets
- Check how you respond to the medication and if you have side effects
- Create a medication schedule
- Give medication reminders and education
- Help avoid duplicate medications and skipped doses
- Manage pain
- Review your medication regimen, the list of all the prescribed and over-the-counter medicines you take and keep at home
Count on your home care provider to communicate with your doctor and pharmacist to make sure you benefit from your medications.