Safe & Healthy at Home Program
Prevent medical problems while getting home health services from Adventist HealthCare.
What to Expect
If you’re selected to take part in the program, expect phone calls in addition to visits from your regular nurse or therapist.
During the Call
An automated voice will ask you questions about your condition. Answer the questions in a loud, clear voice by saying “Yes” or “No.” Avoid background noise during the call by muting the TV or radio, or asking others to be quiet.
Stay on the phone until the end of the call. You’ll hear “Thank you for answering these important questions about your health.”
If you answer yes to any question during your phone assessment, a staff person from Adventist HealthCare will call you to:
- Ask about your health.
- Answer questions and listen to concerns.
- Help you schedule appointments.
- Review your treatment plan and medications.
- Talk you through what to do if a problem happens.
You may also get instructions about when to call your doctor or get urgent care or emergency care.
Benefits of the Program
Participating in the program can help you:
- Avoid unneeded emergency room visits.
- Feel safer at home and take care of yourself.
- Prevent readmission to the hospital so you can stay at home.