Wound & Ostomy Care
Turn to Adventist HealthCare’s knowledgeable and compassionate nurses for wound and ostomy care in the comfort of your home.
Benefits of Home Treatment
Wound care at home can help you:
- Become more independent.
- Heal more quickly and effectively.
- Increase your wellbeing.
- Feel more comfortable caring for a wound.
- Prevent future wounds.
- Prevent complications, including infections.
Your nurse can also help you, your caregivers and loved ones learn how to provide care and support.
Conditions We Treat
Get skilled care for:
- Fistulas, pathways made in the body during surgery or caused by an injury or health condition
- Gastrostomy tubes (G-tubes), a feeding tube in the abdomen that brings nutrition to the stomach
- Stoma, an opening or diversion made in the body during surgery such as colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy
- Skin sores and ulcers, including diabetic and vascular ulcers, incontinence sores and pressure sores (bed sores)
- Surgery wounds
Home Care Wound Services
When your provider visits you at home, they’ll check your wound and talk to you about how you’re doing. Our focus is to help you heal safely and get back to your favorite activities as soon as possible. Your care plan may include:
- Bed sore prevention
- Choosing wound treatment products and pressure-release devices
- Communication with your primary care provider about your health
- Connection with resources that may be right for you, such as rehabilitation therapies
- Dressing changes
- Education to care for a wound
- Feeding tube care
- Urinary catheter care
- Skin protection
- Wound drainage
Specialized Stoma Care
After surgery to make a stoma, your home care providers can offer:
- Counseling for sexual changes
- Emotional support
- Fitting for an ostomy appliance
- Instructions on how to care for a stoma
- Nutrition planning
- Treatment of skin problems
Partner with professionals who have experience caring for a large variety of wounds. A certified wound and ostomy nurse at Adventist HealthCare will monitor your home services and, if needed, visit you at home.
Advanced Wound Care
Learn about comprehensive wound healing services available at Adventist HealthCare and our dedicated Wound Care Center.