Counseling & Therapy
Feel more confident solving problems and coping with emotions thanks to counseling and therapy services from compassionate professionals at Adventist HealthCare in Maryland.
Conditions We Treat
Find compassionate and highly skilled help for patients age four and older experiencing:
Behavior Problems in Children & Teens
Ask about an evaluation for a behavioral disorder if your child:
- Is often disobedient, hostile, and uncooperative with parents and teachers – and that behavior disrupts daily life
- Is aggressive and violent, frequently breaks serious rules or harms other people or property
You will receive a personalized care plan for your child and family.
What to Expect During a Consultation
Your therapist will ask questions and get to know you. You’ll receive a behavioral health assessment, which means your therapist will check your emotional, social, behavioral and developmental health.
Mental Health Treatment
Benefit from a care plan that’s personalized to you. Your provider may recommend:
- Individual therapy – One-on-one counseling with a licensed professional
- Family therapy – Therapist-guided support to improve relationships
- Education – Help to understand mental health conditions and available treatments
- Medication management – Help to safely and effectively use medications and change the dose or type if needed
- Support services – Spiritual care, art and music therapy, and other services
Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy
Depending on your condition, goals and other factors, you may go to therapy on an outpatient or inpatient basis. Outpatient means you visit the healthcare facility for therapy and go home afterwards, and inpatient means you stay at the healthcare facility overnight. Explore the types of mental health treatment programs at Adventist HealthCare.