Take Care of Your Mental Health
Rely on the professionals at Adventist HealthCare to give you tools and support to improve your mental wellness and find peace and enjoyment in your daily life.
What’s Mental Health?
Your mental health is your psychological and emotional well-being, and it can affect your thoughts, feelings and behavior. Stress, trauma, loss, substance abuse and other problems can affect your mental health.
Signs of a Problem
Talk to your primary care provider if mental health symptoms affect your daily life. Symptoms may include:
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Anxiety and/or panic attacks
- Depression, which can make you lose interest in activities you usually enjoy and cause feelings of sadness, hopelessness or guilt
- Hearing voices or seeing things that aren’t there
- Major changes in your appetite
- Severe mood changes
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble concentrating
You deserve to feel well. Choose from a wide range of treatment choices, including counseling, medication and support services.
How to Support Your Mental Health
Take steps to improve your mental health:
- Avoid drugs and alcohol
- Be physically active
- Get enough sleep
- Eat a healthy diet
- Express yourself through art, music, writing or other activity
- Find and make time for hobbies
- Share your feelings and spend time with loved ones