Joint Replacement Surgery
If joint pain or other symptoms make it hard to walk or enjoy your daily activities, your doctor may recommend surgery. Care from the joint replacement experts at Adventist HealthCare can help you live a happier, more active lifestyle.
What’s Joint Replacement?
Joint replacement is surgery to replace a worn-out or damaged knee, hip, shoulder or wrist for a natural-feeling, artificial (man-made) joint.
Signs You May Need Joint Replacement
If you have arthritis or another orthopedic condition that affects a joint, severe pain may make it hard to move. Surgery may help if nonsurgical alternatives don’t offer relief or aren’t right for you. You may consider joint replacement if joint pain:
- Happens one or more days every week
- Makes it hard to get restful sleep
- Makes it hard to walk, climb stairs, work or do hobbies
- Makes you more dependent on family members and friends
Partner with an Adventist HealthCare orthopedic doctor to learn if joint replacement is right for you.
Expect care that meets the highest standards for quality and safety. Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center holds The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for replacement of hips and knees. Benefit from:
- Class before surgery to learn what to expect and how to prepare
- Case management from an orthopedic nurse clinician
- Education and support for you and your family
- Expert team that includes surgeons, physical therapists, nurses and joint replacement-trained staff in the orthopedic department and operating room
- Surgical suites with advanced technology and equipment
- Rehabilitation services and care to help you heal as quickly as possible after the procedure
If you decide to have surgery, feel confident you’ll get safe, effective treatment because we perform hundreds of knee and hip replacements each year.