Your Joint Replacement Team
Your joint replacement care team at Adventist HealthCare will provide excellent care before, during and after surgery.
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Trust your wellbeing and safety to an Adventist HealthCare orthopedic surgeon – a bone and joint expert with advanced training and years of experience in their field.
You’ll be the focus of a care team that may include:
- Assistant nurse manager – Professional who manages care and coordinates your care team
- Case manager – Social worker who provides support and coordinates your care as you get ready to go home or move to a care facility
- Chaplain – Spiritual care provider who offers comfort and counseling to you and your loved ones if needed
- Dietitian – Nutrition specialist who makes recommendations on your dietary needs while you’re in the hospital and when you go home
- Laboratory technician – Professional who does blood tests and prepares blood for transfusion
- Nurses – Licensed nurses with special training to provide care at your bedside and manage your comprehensive care while you’re in the hospital
- Occupational therapist – Rehabilitation expert who helps you regain independence and do daily activities more easily
- Orthopedic clinical nurse specialist/orthopedic coordinator – Advanced practice nurse who coordinates care and educates you, your family and care team about your goals for mobility, function, self-care and independence
- Patient care technicians – Professionals who assist your nurses
- Physician assistants (PA) – Certified physician/surgeon assistants who provide care during surgery and the following three days you’re in the hospital
- Physical therapist – Rehabilitation expert who helps you improve strength and restore function and mobility after joint replacement