Adventist HealthCare offers pain management for all forms of chronic and debilitating pain using the most effective, modern procedures and approaches available in multidisciplinary pain management.
The goal of the our pain management centers is to provide skillful and compassionate care in the management of the full spectrum of pain - from the chronic, including back, neck, nerve and muscle pain, to the most severe, such as cancer pain.
Pain Management Treatments & Procedures
Available pain management treatments include but are not limited to:
- Epidural Steroid Injection - Combination of a corticosteroid with a local anesthetic pain relief medicine used to treat pain and inflammation from pressure on spinal nerve roots
- Facet Joint Block - Injections of medications into the actual facet joints located between each set of vertebrae in the spine
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Block - Injections primarily used for diagnosing and treating the low back pain associated with sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Nerve Block - Short-term block, usually lasting hours or days, involving the injection of an anesthetic for the purpose of pain relief
- Discogram - Interventional diagnostic imaging test that helps determine whether a specific intervertebral disc may be the source of back pain
- Cryoablation - Minimally invasive treatment that uses extreme cold to freeze and destroy diseased tissue, including cancer cells
- Pulsed Radiofrequency - Creates a carefully controlled electrical field around an electrode for use in treating pain
- Epiduroscopy & Lysis - Method of directly visualizing and treating pain generators inside of the spinal column
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty (IDET) - Minimally invasive treatment for chronic low back pain resulting from certain types of painful degenerative disc disease or contained disc herniation
- Nucleoplasty - Minimally invasive alternative for treating the disc bulge
- Implantable Systems
- Pain Procedures