Children’s Emergency Care
If your child needs emergency medical care, choose Adventist HealthCare. Your loved one will get help fast from experts in a setting designed especially for children.
If you or a loved one need emergency medical care, call 9-1-1.
24-Hour Pediatric Emergency Care
Feel peace of mind knowing Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center’s Pediatric Emergency Department in Rockville, Maryland, is ready to handle any emergency 24/7. Benefit from access to:
When to Take Your Child to the ER
Get medical care right away if your child has:
- Bleeding that’s severe or won’t stop
- Breathing problems caused by conditions such as asthma, croup and pneumonia
- Loss of consciousness
- Pain that’s severe or doesn’t go away
- Trauma, an injury such as a concussion, broken bone, severe burn or other wound
- Vomiting or diarrhea that’s severe or won’t stop
Fevers in Children
If your baby is younger than three months old and has a fever higher than 100.4°F, take them to the ER. If your child is older, they should get emergency care if their fever is 102°F or higher.
Your Child’s Care Team
Expect exceptional care because our board certified doctors, surgeons and nurses have advanced training in pediatric emergency care and treat thousands of children each year. Your child’s care team may include: