Turn to Adventist HealthCare in Maryland for pediatric surgical services from a team of expert surgeons. Rest assured your child’s safety and comfort are our focus thanks to our kid-friendly approach to care.
Same-Day & Inpatient Procedures
Your child may have:
- Outpatient, or same-day, surgery. This means your child will go home after their procedure.
- Inpatient surgery. Your child will stay at the hospital overnight or for a few days for care.
What to Expect
Your child’s care team will help you prepare and know what to expect:
Conditions We Treat
Find skilled care for a wide range of procedures for babies, toddlers, children and teens. Our surgeons commonly treat:
- Birth defects, including congenital heart defects
- Broken bones
- Chest wall deformities
- Ear fluid buildup
Pediatric Dental Surgery
Rely on Adventist HealthCare if your child’s dentist recommends dental surgery. To improve the health of their teeth and gums, your child may need:
- Bonding to repair teeth
- Cavity fillings
- Dental implants, bridges and crowns
- Root canals to treat an infection or swelling in the tooth
Whenever possible, we’ll recommend options that look natural and improve the look of your child’s smile. For example, we offer fillings that match the color of your child’s teeth.
Paying for Your Child’s Surgery
Contact your insurance provider to see if they cover the cost of your child’s care. You’ll be responsible for any deductible, co-insurance, copayment or other costs your insurance doesn’t cover, and you’ll be asked to pay the day of the surgery. If you need help or more information, reach out to an Adventist HealthCare financial counselor at 240-826-6162.