Do you or a loved one need support to quit smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping, or chewing tobacco? The Smoking Cessation Program at Adventist HealthCare is here to help. Counseling and medication are proven to more than double the chance that a smoker will successfully quit.
Cessation Program Features
Benefits of Quitting
Not only will you reduce your risk of lung and heart disease, but you will help those around you exposed to second-hand smoke live healthier lives! Make the decision to quit smoking today and...
After 20 Minutes
- Your heart rate drops to a normal level.
After 12 Hours
- The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
After 2 Weeks – 3 Months
- Your risk of having a heart attack begins to drop.
- Your lung function begins to improve.
After 1 Month – 9 Months
- Your coughing and shortness of breath decreases.
After 1 Year
- Your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker’s.
After 5 Years – 15 Years
- Your risk of having a stroke is reduced to that of a non-smoker’s.
- Your risk of getting cancer of the mouth, throat, or esophagus is half that of a smoker’s
After 10 Years
- Your risk of dying from lung cancer is about half that of a person who is still smoking.
- Your risk of getting bladder cancer is half that of a smoker’s.
- Your risk of getting cervical, larynx, kidney, or pancreatic cancer decreases.
After 15 Years
- Your risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a non-smoker.
Smoking: The Facts
- Smoking is the leading preventable cause of disease and death in the U.S.
- Cigarette smoke, including secondhand smoke, contain carcinogens (cancer-causing agents).
- Secondhand smoke is linked to cancer, stroke, coronary heart disease, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Smoking has been shown to lead to lost work time, lower productivity, higher absenteeism, and more frequent disability claims.
Make the Decision to Quit & Contact Us Today!
Make the decision to quit smoking and request a FREE phone consultation with our certified smoking cessation counselors today!
Have additional questions or need more immediate assistance? Please email Quit-WAH@adventisthealthcare.com or call 301-891-5004.