Fluoroscopy uses X-rays to continuously show the inside of your body in real time. Doctors at Adventist HealthCare may use this exam to:
- Guide treatment during other medical procedures
- Navigate a catheter through blood vessels and place a stent in an artery
- Direct pain-relieving injections into your joints or spine
- Find foreign bodies (such as loose pieces of bone or cartilage in a joint)
- Assess your ability to swallow
- Examine your digestive tract
You may be asked to swallow or receive an injection of a contrast agent before fluoroscopy to make certain parts of your body more visible during the procedure.
Fluoroscopy procedures are done at both Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center and Adventist HealthCare Washington Adventist Hospital.