Adventist HealthCare offers a full range of compassionate, personalized women’s imaging services. Within our imaging centers, including a comprehensive breast center, expert teams will treat you with sensitivity and empower you to make good decisions about your health.
Screenings & Diagnostics Especially for Women
Turn to Adventist HealthCare for many women’s screenings and diagnostic tools, including:
- Mammography – Digital and 3D imaging (tomosynthesis) used most often to screen for breast cancer
- 3T breast MRI – The most advanced MRI technology available
- Breast ultrasound – Sound waves that create a picture of the inside of the breast
- Breast biopsy – Stereotactic, ultrasound-guided or MRI-guided removal of breast tissue for testing
- Cyst aspiration – Draining of a fluid-filled breast lump
- DEXA scan – Bone density test
- Ultrasound - Pelvic and OB, Hysterosonography for infertility
- Uterine Fibroid Embolizations
Whenever possible, you’ll receive test results the same day as your procedure.
Why Adventist HealthCare?
All Adventist HealthCare Imaging sites are accredited for mammograms by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This means that the quality of the services and care provided meets the highest quality standards. In addition, our sites that offer breast MRI are also accredited by the ACR.
NAPBC-Accredited Breast Center
Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). That means you benefit from:
- Comprehensive services and access to the best-available care options
- A skilled, compassionate team that gives you well-rounded care
- Breast cancer education, support services and prevention programs
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Shady Grove Breast Center is one of only a few centers in Maryland to be designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR), which means we’re ACR-accredited in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and breast MRI. So you can trust our skilled staff to follow high standards of care, guide you through the right testing process and help ensure accurate results.
Women’s Imaging Team
You’ll work with an approachable, experienced team that may include:
- Dedicated women’s imaging technologists who care for you as they would a family member
- Fellowship-trained radiologists
- Professionals who hold ACR certification in performing breast exams
- Breast surgeons who consult with you on treatment options, when necessary
Breast Health Nurse Navigator
If you need follow-up care after an initial screening, partner with our supportive nurse navigator at the Shady Grove Breast Center. Your navigator helps you:
- Understand next steps for testing and treatment
- Connect with doctors
- Apply for financial assistance
- Obtain transportation to and from medical appointments
- Learn about your condition